It’s never a good idea to give children anything that could be harmful to them. This is especially true regarding cosmetics and other products they put on their bodies. While the nail polish you choose for yourself may be perfectly safe, this doesn’t mean all brands are created equal. Some contain chemicals that could cause health problems for your child if ingested or absorbed through their skin. Fortunately, some brands offer non toxic nail polish for kids, so you can rest easy knowing your child won’t negatively react to wearing their favourite shade of polish!
Kid’s nails are thinner and more absorbent than adult nails.
Kid’s nails are thinner and more absorbent than adult nails. The chemicals in nail polish can be absorbed through the skin and into the bloodstream, harming kids. Formaldehyde is a chemical that is found in many nail polishes. It’s used as a hardening agent but has been linked to cancer by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC).
Chemicals in nail polish can cause serious health problems.
Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen, and the National Toxicology Program has labelled it as “reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen.” This means that formaldehyde can cause cancer in people.
In addition to cancer risk, formaldehyde also has many other health effects. It can cause allergic reactions and respiratory issues like asthma and emphysema. Skin irritation, including rashes and burns from exposure to nail polish remover (which contains more formaldehyde than any product you use on your nails); eye damage such as cataracts or glaucoma if you get it in your eyes regularly (especially when using nail polish remover constantly), headaches caused by breathing in vapours from working around lacquers with high levels of formaldehyde.
Formaldehyde absorbs through the skin and into the bloodstream.
Formaldehyde is a chemical that’s used as a common ingredient in nail polish. It can be found in nail polish and hardeners, which are applied to the nails to protect against moisture and breakage. Formaldehyde is also a preservative in other cosmetic products such as shampoo, lotion and conditioner.
Formaldehyde absorbed through the skin can enter your bloodstream and cause harm to your body’s cells over time. One study has shown that formaldehyde can cause cancer by damaging DNA inside human cells (National Cancer Institute). If you’re looking for reasons to avoid using products with this ingredient or want more information about why they’re bad for you (or anyone who uses them), then keep reading!
Certain chemicals in nail polish could cause long-term health problems.
One of the most common chemicals found in nail polish is formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen, which means it can cause cancer. It can also cause respiratory problems and skin irritation. Some people may be allergic to formaldehyde, meaning they can have severe reactions when exposed to this chemical. Also, exposure to high levels of formaldehyde has been linked to headaches and nausea.
Read More: Hair Extensions and Their Types
Non-toxic nail polish can be just as fun for kids as regular polish!
Non-toxic nail polish for kids can be just as fun for kids as regular polish! You can find non-toxic nail polish at your local health food store or online.
Not all nail polishes are non-toxic, so look for safer options.
If you’re looking for something safer, you’ll want to ensure your nail polish is 3-free. This means that it doesn’t contain any of the following:
- Formaldehyde (a known carcinogen)
- Toluene (an endocrine disruptor)
- Dibutyl phthalate (DBP) or diethyl phthalate (DEP). DBP and DEP have been linked to reproductive toxicity, according to the New York Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
This article has helped you understand why it’s important to pick non-toxic nail polish for kids. It can be challenging to find the perfect product, so keep looking and don’t give up!