Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a set of practices that improve organic search engine results and search engine ranking. As organic search is the most preferred way for people to find and access online content, a good SEO strategy is crucial to drive traffic to a website.
Why is SEO important?
Three elements contribute to the business significance of SEO. They are organic search results, quality of organic traffic, and quantity of organic traffic.
Paid ads can increase your traffic. But one cannot buy higher rankings on search engine results. A good and consistent SEO strategy, though, can help you achieve high rankings gradually.
High-quality traffic means those people who are genuinely interested in your products and services. High-quality SEO services from a leading search engine optimisation agency can help you achieve that.
The quantity of organic traffic and the number of people coming to your website through organic search results contributes to more valuable conversions. A good SEO strategy is necessary to achieve this.
What is an SEO agency?
An SEO agency offers high-quality search engine optimisation services to business enterprises to increase their online visibility. A typical SEO company has specialised experience and expertise in providing result-oriented SEO services to businesses.
There are hundreds and thousands of SEO companies out there offering services and claiming they are the best choice for you. But how can a business owner choose an ideal SEO agency for his company? But the real question is, how can I choose the SEO agency that is right for me?
SEO agency selection is based on critical factors such as your company size and your business’s industry vertical. Here is a list of essential tips to help you choose an ideal SEO agency for your business:
Know your Goals:
To find the right SEO agency for your business, you should:
- Define your business objectives clearly and precisely
- Define the outcomes you hope to receive
The business goals and areas you may wish to do through SEO could be:
- Local SEO
- Voice SEO
- eCommerce SEO
- Link building
- SEO-optimised content marketing
The outcomes that you desire to receive via SEO could be:
- Drive direct sales from organic search
- Increase in qualified traffic/leads
- Get a higher ranking for your website
Your goals and objectives determine your SEO strategies. And these strategies assess the kind of SEO agency that you need to work with.
Key Characteristics to look for in an SEO Agency:
All great SEO agencies have these key characteristics:
- Clearly defined processes to execute SEO strategies
- Team of SEO specialists
- Impressive client portfolio
- Genuine customer testimonials
- Thought leadership in your specific industry
- A transparent work culture
Make sure that your SEO agency offers you the metrics that you need for clear performance measurement.
The SEO agency that you choose must offer you a straightforward method to elicit and evaluate your progress. Here are some common Key Performance Metrics that measure your performance and progress and offer you the chance to tweak your strategy and processes. These metrics are goal-dependent, and you and your SEO agency must be on the same page regarding how you measure campaign progress.
Some of the important metrics that warrant consideration are:
- Organic sessions:This indicates the number of website visitors that come through organic search. This can also be used with other metrics like the number of unique visitors, page views, visit duration, bounce rate, etc.
- Conversion rate:how many visitors buy your product or make an enquiry?
- Keyword rankings:which keywords work for your SEO efforts?
- Google crawling mistakes:Help you make your website content readable and indexable by Google for better SEO.
- Page load time:SEO work should minimise this.
Final points to ponder when choosing your SEO agency:
- Ask your SEO agency for examples and case studies of successful SEO campaigns.
- Low-cost SEO agencies may involve risk and should be carefully dealt with.
- Consider the pricing models offered by SEO agencies to narrow down the one that fits your budget.
- When hiring an SEO agency, it is wise to look for other services like conversion rate optimization, testing of landing pages, AB testing (of button copy, headlines, colors, element placement), etc.
- Experience matters. As Google’s algorithms are constantly changing, your SEO agency must have enough experience producing optimum results using a dynamic SEO strategy.
- Standards and ethics count when hiring the right SEO agency. If your agency does not adhere to Google’s rules and guidelines, your website may get penalized, and it would spoil your brand’s reputation. Here, word of mouth plays a crucial role in helping you zero in on the right SEO agency for you.
Ultimately, nothing is more effective than a personal visit to the SEO company and a conversation with the SEO team of the agency you wish to hire.