Australians are blessed to be born in a country where the sun shines bright almost all year round. They enjoy the unbounding benefits of the sun’s rays while enjoying their magnificent beaches and outdoors.
However, prolonged exposure to the sun isn’t healthy, and the Australian weather can be very harsh for tourists. Many cannot just keep up with the scorching heat and suffer from sunburns.
Additionally, you must know that sun rays can do equal harm to good. UV rays are one of the significant reasons behind skin cancer. So, why not take precautions and use sun protection Australia products.
If you are unsure about staying protected from harsh Australian sunny days, you have come to the right place.
In this article, you will learn some fantastic tips to stay safe from that glowing fireball up above. So, buckle down and let’s begin without delay.
Tips for Staying Sun Safe
Considering the sun’s temperature, heat and UV rays, it is best to use different sun protection methods.
Here are some excellent ways in which you can protect yourself from the sun-
- Between 12 p.m. and 4 p.m., stay out of the sun. The UV rays are at their most damaging levels during this time.
- Even on a cloudy, mild day, UV radiation might be high enough to cause skin damage. So, if you’re visiting Australia, make sure to use sunscreen every day. Also, you must remember that SPF 15 sunscreen won’t work in Australia; you’ll need SPF 30 or 50 with UVA and UVB coverage to be adequately protected.
- Look for swimsuits made of lycra, as this fabric still provides UV protection when wet.
- Regardless of the SPF rating, sunscreen should be reapplied at least every two hours.
- To get the most sun protection in Australia, wear long-sleeved tops and full-length pants made of tightly woven materials like cotton or linen. Protective shoulder coverings or other textiles can also be used.
- One of the best ways to protect yourself from sun rays is to sit in a shaded region or indoors. You will take a break from sun exposure, allowing your skin to relax a bit.
Need for Sun Protection in Australia
The average daily sunshine hours in Australia mostly range between 8-11 hours a day. It means that the sun shines brightly almost the entire day time. How will you manage to stay healthy, hydrated and protected in such weather? Isn’t too much sunshine terrible for your health and skin?
You must have got the answer now. So, use different sun-protection ways to protect your skin from harmful UV rays and heat.
Resulting Issues from Prolonged Sun Exposure
You might be aware of some medical issues that can arise after prolonged sun exposure. However, there are a few that cannot be anticipated. Here is a list of a few of them.
- Short term or permanent eye damage
- Premature aging
- Skin damage
- Skin cancer
Sun rays can act both as a bane and a boon. So, be wise enough to know when it is time to get up from the sun and always use sun protection methods.
Additionally, you must wear good quality sunglasses while going out. Remember having fun while taking care of yourself under the sun is equally rewarding.
Now that you have some fantastic tips at hand, enjoy the Australian summer the right way.