One of the biggest nightmares that anyone can face is blocked drains and sewage. No one wants to see the filth and black sludge that overflows in the sink or toilet. Blocked and foul-smelling drains are the main sources of flies, mosquitoes, and a host of other diseases. However, blocked drains are one of the common issues that are faced by homeowners. If you have been facing the same issue, then you need to call professional services for cleaning blocked sewage drains. However, choosing the blocked drain cleaning expert is not easy. Any cheap plumber or service provider who is inexperienced can ruin the entire drainage system. Thus, you must ensure that your drainage system is in the best hands. So here we have listed the top things you should look for when hiring a blocked drain cleaning expert.
Read more: The Advantages of Pipe Relining
- License and Certification: When hiring a blocked drain cleaning expert, licensing and certification are the very first things to look for. In Australia, various states have different requirements that the blocked drain cleaning expert requires to fulfill before they can get the license. They have to go through an exam and apprenticeship to get the license. License and certification are a guarantee that the expert you are hiring is knowledgeable as well as is verified. If you hire someone who doesn’t have a license and any damage happens during the repair work, then you will not be able to make any claim and get compensation.
- Insurance: Next thing to look out for in the drain cleaning expert is insurance. If during the work the service provider gets injured due to any reasons, then you will be liable to pay all the medical claims. But if he is insured, then even if during working, if some accident happens, you will not be responsible for it.
- Experience: License guarantees that the blocked drain cleaning expert is skilled. But how many years of experience does he have? The more is the experience the better is the work of the cleaning expert. The experience is achieved only after working for many years and they take a lot of hard work and effort. Newbie cleaners will only be able to handle basic work and there is a possibility that they may ruin the drainage system. The right plumbers have the perfect tools, instruments, and drain-cleaning cameras to detect the exact nature of the clog and how fast it can be cleaned.
- Number of Services: you should check with the preferred blocked drain cleaning expert that what are the number of services that they are providing. Are they only providing the repair work? Will they be able to replace the pipes if needed? Will they provide rooter and drain cleaning services? Do they provide water filtration services? Can they repair or replace the trenchless pipe? If there is a need for repairing the pipes, then only experts can do so, and if the pipes need to be replaced, then also you can go for hiring the experts.
- References: Once you have seen the license, and insurance and you know the experience blocked drain cleaning expert has, now you must check his references. You must ensure to talk to a few of his clients for whom he has worked. If the experts can’t provide you with the references, then you should look for a different company.
These are some of the points that you should keep in mind when choosing the blocked drain cleaning expert. It is always better to check if they have the right license and years of experience and whether they can provide you with emergency expertise. You can also check the packages and the benefits they provide, from their official website if they have.