Concretes are no more those dull-looking castings that people used to cover with other materials. Gone are the days where materials like marble and granites and other stones were used to have a decorative and eye-catching finish. Today, people understand that concretes can beautify a place like other materials if used correctly and polished to have uniform surfaces. Even roads, driveways are being layered with concrete these days as they are one of the cheapest and durable options.
Pavements are also being made using concrete paving slabs, and they are fast replacing the porcelain paver blocks. There are multiple advantages of using concrete pavers. Let us highlight some of them so that one can stay confident while using them as a user.
Everybody knows the sturdiness of concrete. Concrete paving slabs also have the same property. They are available in various shapes and colors, making them look attractive and a durable solution for paving the desired area.
- Cost-Effective Option- The first thought of using concrete paving slabs by construction contractors is that they are cost-effective. They are durable options to replace other types of slabs. The manufacturing process is simple but unique, and the production can be done in volumes using modern techniques. They can easily replace sandstone, clay, asphalt, granite, and many other materials, becoming costly day by day.
- The Variety – Unlike other paver blocks, concrete paving slabs are available in various shapes, sizes, and colors and can even be customized as per need. When using concrete paving slabs, there can be low wastage mixing cement, sand, and gravels The slabs are more versatile than any other alternatives and can be mixed and matched to create unique walkways. This, as a result, can make them look colorful with amazing drawings. They can be like a painted canvass laid on the walkways and breaks the monotony of specific large areas.
- Durable And Robust – Concrete paving slabs are no less strong and durable than natural stones. These slabs are much stronger than asphalt or poured concrete. With interlocking facilities incorporated in the design, these pavers rarely crack as the expansion and contraction aspect is accommodated through the interlocking design.
- Minimum Maintenance – The maintenance of these types of slabs is much less and can be repaired easily. The repair cost is also cheap compared to other materials. Again, these slabs can be installed quickly and efficiently. This is because contractors are to decorate a particular area with a minimum workforce. They are easy to cut to match the ends if needed, and no such hassles are involved in laying them on the surface.
- Can Withstand Extreme Weather – Concrete paving slabs can withstand harsh weather without any deformity. They are particularly suitable for extreme cold weather regions due to their durable property. These types of paving tolerate freezing and thawing climates. They have anti-slip properties and do not decay with de-icing salts.
- Easy To Get Construction Workers – It is easy to get constriction contractors who can lay these types of paving. Unlike stone or porcelain paver blocks that require skilled hands to shape or qualified engineers to get the correct mix of the asphalt, concrete slabs can be installed by any construction worker having the basic knowledge.
Major advantages of the concrete paving slabs are that it’s typically stronger and durable than asphalt-made roadways. Concrete paving can also be grooved to result in a durable skid-resistant road surface. The major disadvantage in concrete paving is its higher initial cost and takes more time in curing and finishing to produce concrete paving. However, this cost offset is due to the long lifespan of the pavement.
Based on the points mentioned above, you must have understood why concrete paving slabs can be a good option to go with. Although many alternative materials are used for paving an area, these kinds of paving slabs are the frontrunner in the league due to the advantages mentioned above. People these days look for cheap but durable alternatives for many things, and these types of paving blocks are one of them in their category.